Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And so it begins!

Well, looks like I've done it again- I'm picking up my new toy this Saturday. I purchased a 1987 BMW 325is for a track car for about $2000. It's in pretty decent shape, good enough for a track car at least. I took if for a test drive with the current owner a few days ago and it seems like a good platform. Definitely one of the slowest cars I've ever driven, but I could see some potential, especially in the handling department.


The car already has some suspension upgrades (springs, sways, some urethane bushings) and is very well documented. I'm still trying to decide my upgrade path and figure out which mods I will do first. I guess number one is safety, so gutting it and welding in a cage will be something to tackle while we still have some nice weather.

The photos here are from the previous owner, I haven't brought the car home yet.

No comments: