Monday, November 12, 2007

Time to lose the weight





Decided today to start gutting the interior and see what kind of damage I could do. I was supprised by how heavy the stock sport seats are...they must be around 40lbs each. I don't have my race seats yet, so the stockers will have to do for now. The door panels, seats and carpet came out pretty easily, all but the carpet will be able to go on ebay or something. The headliner was pretty tough, I had to remove most of the weatherstripping around the windows to get it out. The sunroof is still intact, I think I'm going to cut out the whole thing with a plasma cutter and call it done. The spare tire came out, as did all the carpet from the trunk. The next step is to take out the sound deadening from the trunk...I might try dry ice and see if I can crack it out in chunks.

Overall it went pretty smoothly, my brother-in-law came over to help so with two people it went quickly. I went to the scales again and I was really supprised to see that we took out 200lbs! That is about double what I was expecting. Race seats, AC removal, sunroof delete and more should really get the number low. 2540 is pretty darn light for a street car. And that's with stock wheels and tires!
Also, the entire interior is for sale! Let me know if you are interested in a 20 year old black e30 interior. Cheap!

No comments: