Sunday, May 11, 2008

More cutting, preparation for rear diffuser


I began cleaning up the underside of the car in preparation for the rear diffuser and undertray setup...it's pretty bare underneath now! I cut off the existing muffler (which was some aftermarket setup that the previous owner had) and made some exhaust turndowns from the leftover bits to direct the exhaust away from the suspension. I had already removed the spare tire well, see a previous post.

I then cut away the bumper to allow fitting of a wide and deep diffuser...which I am fabricating now. The attachment points for the diffuser will be the frame rails, they are the only sturdy thing nearby. I also picked up my fuel cell, so now that I have the correct dimensions I can calculate the proper angle for the diffuser.

No comments: