Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Primer is on!!



Utilizing my state-of-the-art cross-draft spray booth (aka leaving the big garage door open and the side door cracked to suck out the air) I laid down some primer today. I used a polyester based primer for its high-build and high-flex properties. It also clings to bare metal really easily, and since it's a 2 part cure, it won't attract water like traditional primer. I was really surprised at what little overspray I had, even though I used an old pressure pot style paint gun. Painting on a 10mph windy day with the doors open was just enough to keep the garage overspray free, with no contaminants in the paint. If sanding the primer goes well this week, I should be able to lay down the color coat this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been watching the progress for a while now. Fantastic! Thanks for such a great blog.

Belosic said...

Thanks! I hope my project helps out others trying to do the same thing. After all this body work is done the real fun can start!